The In-Depth Course
Stop the confusion! Get the facts and practical advice from the experts!
17 May 2022
18 May 2022
9 August 2022
August 2022 TBC
- Explain the Law and the NTC Guidelines in depth.
- Learn how tie-down and direct methods perform in accidents.
- Understand the engineering facts on general freight, rated curtains, gates and restraint equipment.
- Provide practical advice and solutions on all aspects.
- Understand the key issues for compliance and safety.
- The 2018 NTC Load Restraint Guide explained
Load Restraint Methods
- Tie-down and friction
- Stretch in lashings and toppling
- Direct restraint
- Blocking, gates & rated curtains
- Speed effects & risks
General Freight & Mixed Loads
- Principles of load building
- Do you lash the gates or the freight? Answers!
- Discuss common Industry problems
- Bring your problems to share and hear potential solutions!
QLD (& WA) - Warwick Brown
Warwick is a Professional Engineer with extensive experience in load restraint and transport safety activities across multiple industries. He has designed, developed and implemented load restraint systems across Australia.
NSW - Gavin Whitten
A founding member of Engistics, Gavin is a Professional Engineer working with the transport safety industry for over 18 years. He has worked on load restraint projects within Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Papua New Guinea. He has a passion for saving lives by improving load restraint standards.
NSW - Trevor Wilkinson
Trevor is one of the original four partners in who set up Engistics in 2010. Trevor brings a depth and breadth of load restraint knowledge to this course. He has developed load restrain systems, investigated incidents of poor restraint and provided legal expert witness advice. Hence, participants should expect that Trevor will provide a clear understanding of the fundamentals of load restraint and provide answers to any questions they have on the topic.
VIC – Sean Carlson
Our Managing Director has a passion for safety and seeing a positive change in road safety. Sean has over 18 years of engineering experience in the Logistics sector. He previously worked in the Compressed Gas and specialist engineering services for the resources, steel, petrochemical and power generation industries.
VIC - Jonathan Vila
Jon is a Professional Engineer with 4 years experience as a specialist load restraint engineer. He has designed, developed and implemented load restraint systems across Australia. Jon is well placed to lead participants through the fundamental aspects of load restraint and answer all those curly questions that you may have.
Book a course by clicking the appropriate location above, or click here
to go to our TryBooking event page.